The powerful complete solution for the active cleaning and effective disinfection of medical instruments and endoscopes with comprehensive efficacy spectrum (incl. bacteria, spores, yeasts and viruses). Material compatibility tested and confirmed against all prevalent materials. RKI-listed (A, B). Virucidal according to RKI recommendation of 01/2004 (DVV 2008).
Complete efficacy spectrum incl. virucidal according to recommendations DVV/RKT and sporicidal. Protection for patients and reprocessing staff
- Virucidal final disinfection with 2% in 15 min
- Application solution to be changed within a working day
- Cleans and removes protein stains
- With the unique combination of agents PerOxyBalance
|Our performance||Your advantage|
|Listed according to RKI (A/B), VAH and IHO||Safety for users and patients|
|Short contact time due to powerful formulation||Short circulation times of the instruments|
|Low application concentration||Virucidal and sporicidal with 2% and 15 min. Contact time|
|Active cleaning ingredients efficiently remove proteins and other stains||No protein fixing, as neutral peracetic acid is used|
|Comprehensive material compatibility||Universally applicable for the entire equipment, especially for flexible endoscope|
|Low foam||Also suitable for use in ultrasonic bath|
Instructions for use
The solution is produced using the provided dispensing spoon/beaker. After adding the appropriate powder quantity to water at about 25°C, stir the application solution frequently. After a few minutes the disinfectant solution is ready for use.
Sekusept™ is actively suited for the manual cleaning and terminal disinfection of thermostable and thermolabile medical instruments including flexible endoscopes and for the manual pre-cleaning of endoscopes before mechanical reprocessing.
Not suitable for brass and copper instruments as well as for mechanically pre-damaged, chromium plated or nickel plated instruments. A light coloration of the powder has no effect on the product quality.
Place the instruments in the solution immediately after use, ensuring that all surfaces are completely wetted; there must not be any cavities and air bubbles. Clean the instruments following the manufacturer’s instructions, including the mechanism (e.g. brushing, wiping). After the specified contact time, remove the objects from the liquid and rinse with water of at least drinking quality. For purely manual reprocessing, set up an instrument bath for cleaning and an instrument bath for the terminal disinfection.
Reprocessing in the ultrasonic bath
Sekusept™ Active can be used in all stainless steel ultrasonic baths. Set up ultrasonic bath with cold water, max. sonication time: 5 min. If needed, let it rest until the end of the contact time. Use disinfectants safely. Please follow the information provided by the instrument manufacturer.
Agent content of a 2% application solution: >1,000ppm peracetic acid.
Slight color variations in the powder do not mean any loss of quality.
Manual reprocessing of flexible endoscope
Pre-cleaning at the light source
- Wipe the outer jacket from top to bottom using a single use cloth soaked with the stated cleaning disinfectant solution
- Use of the cleaning valve (manufacturer-specific)
- Connection of the cleaning attachment to the instrument channel input
- Suction an ample amount (200-500 ml) of cleaning disinfectant through distal end
- Actuate the air water supply for a few seconds for every working sequence
- Disconnecting the flexible endoscope from the light source
Cleaning at the reprocessing place
- Connecting tightness tester
- Inserting the flexible endoscope in the cleaning disinfectant solution
- Perform tightness test according to the manufacturer's instructions
- Cleaning of the channels and of the instrument channel inlet with special cleaning brush
- Wipe endoscope from outside in the solution using a soft cloth
- Rinsing the channels with disinfectant solution using special hand pump
- Remove the endoscope from the solution and rinse with water from outside - flush channels with water by using hand pump
|Dosing Sekusept™ aktiv – aldehyde-free and not fixing
2% – 5 Min. / 1% – 60 Min.
Instrument disinfection according to VAH (incl. TB1)
Set up a new disinfectant solution after the disinfecting pre-cleaning:
- Inserting the flexible endoscope in the cleaning disinfectant solution, ensure complete wetting
- Topping up the channels (without air bubbles) using a hand pump, disconnect hand pump subsequently
- After the specified contact time, remove the endoscope from the disinfectant
- Rough drying of the channels with hand pump by suctioning air
- Rough drying of the outer jacket using a soft wipe
Dosing Sekusept™ aktiv – virucidal and sporicidal
2% – 5 Min.
- Thorough cleaning of the flexible endoscope from outside and of the channels using the hand pump
|Water of at least drinking quality
sterile distilled water or fully demineralized water is better
- Carefully dry from outside by using a clean, lint-free, single use cloth
- Dry channels by means of the hand pump or compressed air of max. 0.5 bar
- Suspended storage of the endoscope (without valves) e.g. in dry cabinet until the next use
|Accessories, valves etc. are to be separately cleaned, disinfected or sterilized! The disinfectant solution is to be changed every working day according to RKI recommendations; if the stains are visible, it should be more frequent.|
Sodium percarbonate, non-ionic surfactants, phosphonates.
|Use (after commencement)||Shelf life|
Please note the following to ensure the correct storage of environmental hygiene and instrument disinfectants: The original containers (canisters, buckets or bottles) with the disinfectant concentrate (or powder) should be stored at temperatures below 25°C and kept dry and clean. A brief period below or above the given storage temperature (e.g. during transport) will not diminish the effectiveness.
The containers are to be sealed tightly after each use. Please also take care that the concentrate remaining in the container is not contaminated when preparing the application solution.
Assuming that the application solution that is produced is not contaminated by organic material, it is to be stored in a clean, closed container or a covered instrument basin.
Please take note of the corresponding marking on the containers in which the disinfectant solutions are kept, e.g. contents, concentration, date, shelf life and batch number. Used and organically contaminated solutions are to be changed at least once per workday as per RKI recommendation.
- Features PerOxyBalance® technology and is suitable for all kinds of instruments including flexible endoscopes (Olympus approved).
- Broad efficacy spectrum (including sporicidal efficacy)
- Safe – for the user, the patient and the instrument
- Material compatible – Supports a long life cycle of your instrument
- Convenient – One product meets all manual process steps
- Economic – Contributes in lowering your expenditures
- Time saving – For a fast re-use of your instrument
- Ecological – Gentle to the environment
|Product Size||Part Number|
SEE OTHER PRODUCTS FOR DISINFECTION AND CLEANING OF YOUR INSTRUMENTS
Please see below related offerings:
No Events found