Leading health organisations have stated that hand hygiene is the most important measure to prevent spread of infection. It is also the simplest, most effective method for preventing healthcare-associated infections (HCAIs).
However, studies show that healthcare workers are compliant less than 40% of the time.1
The Ecolab Premium Hand Hygiene Program can help your hospital achieve and sustain compliance to limit the spread of HCAIs by combining infection prevention consultancy with efficacious products, modern technology and data-driven insights.
Ecolab’s Premium solution introduces electronic compliance measurement to give hospitals accurate data and visibility to reach and sustain improved compliance levels by:
- Creating a patient zone around the bed using a sensor to capture hand hygiene opportunities.
- Accurately collecting Hand Hygiene events through soap and alcohol dispensers.
- Gently nudging healthcare staff to perform Hand Hygiene.
- Providing actionable insights via an online portal, available 24/7.
1. Erasmus V, Daha TJ, Brug H, et al., Systematic review of studies on compliance with hand hygiene guidelines in hospital care. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2010;31:283–294